Skip to main content

First Flute & Theory Class ^_^

Alright, today's my first day at Do-Re-Mi music school ... XD Reach there about 9.25am ... actually, was much earlier but I loiter downstairs ... eat breakfast XD Journey from home to the school took only 10 mins ... XD

When I went upstairs, the teacher is still having breakfast with someone else. Probably her partner ... ^^;; btw, her co-worker/colleague/partner (?) is a guy XD

Anyway, paid the balance of 85 dollars today ... and I bought the theory book as well. It cost me another 8.80 dollars XD Am so nervous the first 5 minutes, took a long time to get the sound out XD

Ended up learning the slur, when it should have been the tongueing first XD Like the slur better XD finally managed to hold the note for 4 beats, but anyway, have to go back home and practice more ... (e.g. look myself in the mirror when practising ... so I know if my positioning of the mouthpiece is off ... )

Finally, know the correct way to hold the flute and support it while letting go of some of the notes button. She also taught me the correct way to maintain and clean the insides of my flute - with the use of the cleaning rod and cloth. In another few months time, she's gonna teach me how to change the 'cleaning' paper thats' situated behind every notes button - that helps to absorb the water as we blow into the flute XD ...

If the paper's not change, its' gonna be quite sticky as time goes by ... Well, it turns out the teacher is using the same flute model as mine too XD We are both using flute model YFL-221 from Yamaha XD

The school's quite small actually, only have about 3-4 rooms for use. The room that I'm using for my flute class is just like the size of my bedroom - except it now held abt 4 organ/keyboard? Not so sure of what's the name of the instrument ...

Later on, we move on to the room next door for the theory lesson - I suspect the same room is use for grp session for theory as well ... since there's white board and long tables with several chairs around it. ^^;;

As the teacher and the guy is having breakfast earlier on in that same theory room that we are using, when I went in - theres' still the smell of chicken in it XD

Didn't get the chance to see the other student whom turned up at 10.30 XD kinda overshot a little, so the teacher went out to attend the other student whom arrived, and I was kinda packing up my stuff in the theory room XD

>.< so far so good, nothing too complex or complicated. Just need to practise more, especially the breathing techniques ... but my arm ... T.T getting numb after holding the flute in the same position for 30 mins ... T.T maybe slightly more, since the theory kind of took only 15 mins then the time is up :P

Right, have to work now ... shall update another time when I'm free.

P.S: passport ready for collection, so the application went through alright ... and I was worrying about whether the photo is alright for them ^^;;

Shall collect it in the upcoming week ... still deciding whether I wanna go on my free day or on the days whereby I'm working ^^;;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gundam Seed Destiny 46

Wow, I really am speechless. It would seems that Meer campbell sacrifice her life for Lacus. Initially, it was a trap set up by Sarah (Meer's bodyguard) to kill off the real Lacus Clyne. She made Meer's Haro to send Lacus a message, claiming that Meer will be shot to death and seek help. Next, she asked Meer to wait for the gang in some open space of a threatre, while she hide in ambushed together with several other males guards. A confrontation took place, Meer refuses to acknowledge Lacus as the true Lacus Clyne. However, Lacus appeared unfazed by her behavior and instead claimed to say that she could have her name and looks, but they would still remain as two separate people, since their ideals will still not be the same. Apparently, that was the time that Sarah decided to attack. It just so happened that Tori, Kira's bird send a signal allowing Athrun to realize that they've been ambushed. Pushing Lacus towards Kira, he took hold of Meer as they ran to hide. A hecti...

Tired... just wanted to drop dead...

I'm so tired... my eyes are barely open... Why am I blogging then? Well, I blog cause' I'm bored...and I have no intention to spam my F-list on LJ. Sometimes, I wonder why on earth am I keeping a private blog here at blogger when I have more than Sufficient journals... I've just dropped by 'Kakashi-sensei' or 'Crabbe's ' blog, and I'm highly amused by her recent entry... More like rant on Indians... ^^;; Speaking of which, I'm kinda afraid of getting too close with the Indians... It's not that they smelled or anything...more like, they grated on my nerves more than necessary... In any case, I've been reading a Hermione/Snape fanfic earlier on...it's fantastic... it's entitled 'Before the Dawn' XDDD ^__^ I'm currently debating on the idea of whether I wanted to read a manga or a fic on Sasu/Naru before heading off to school ^___^ Speaking of school...I've gotten so mild irritated by my BFD topic... Geez, why mus...

Projects & Imaginery Hogwarts!

Gosh, we finished our project!!! and the monitor just informed us today that the deadline had been extended till 16 september > Anyway, I went over to Xinhui's place today XD We watched Shaman King together xD and I even borrowed the first box set home to watch XD Given a chance, if I really felt like it, maybe I'll borrow her 'Inuyasha' too ^^ XD Am so happy,!!! xDDD Another Anime lover like me, XD Anyway, I'm now buzzing off to read fanfics on Draco/Ginny XDDD... Speaking of fics, that reminds me I had a few unpublished fics stashed somewhere xD but am either too lazy to type it out or too lazy to publish XDDD ^__^ However, I'll try to have one up soon ^^;; Yeah, we came up with the idea of doing imaginery Hogwarts at ITE Clementi, to spice up our college life XD Shuhua is officially 'Crabbe' XDDD Evelyn is Goyle XDDD Xinhui being Zabini and myself as Malfoy XDD ^__^ This idea originated from Xinhui since we two are Harry Potter obsessed these few w...